|The article provides a detailed overview of configuring, connecting, and working with MySQL database from a Windows Operating System. The Windows computer may be running any Windows OS such as 9x, 2000, or XP. The MySQL database is available free of cost under GPL. In the example provided, the MySQL server is running on a separate Redhat 9 (Linux) Operating System.|
Topics covered in the article include the following:
1. Server Configuration.
2. How to install MySQL database.
3. Granting permission for a username and password.
4. Client Configuration.
5. How to install MyODBC Driver.
6. Configuring the MyODBC DSN on Windows.
7. DSN-less connection.
8. Example program in VB.
9. Viewing the stored data using Telnet.