|Anyone can post a website review here. Simply click the post URL that appears on the upper right and again at the bottom of each page. You cannot currently post anonymously -- but there are advantages to creating an account to post from.|
Because other readers -- and the editor -- are actually responsible for rating each review, you are encouraged to post reviews of your own site. If the review is misleading, contains 'adult' or illegal content, or the site simply isn't interesting to our readers, it will be voted down, not up. However, if you have a site that fits one of our categories, please submit a review.
- You can edit your reviews even after they are posted.
- Your name (or pseudonym -- you can have an account and remain completely anonymous) is attached to your reviews.
- Your articles start out with a higher score than when posted anonymously.
- You accumulate 'karma' as your reviews receive positive votes, enabling you to post other articles with higher initial scores.
- You accumulate voting points based on your karma so you can vote for other articles and reviews that you like.
- You can use the [Search] box to search for your name or pseudonym to find all articles that you have posted here.
Our categories are mostly self-explanatory, with one major exception. Misc is the place for all topics that are of current and short term interest. Website reviews and substantial pages of lasting value should be placed in one of the other six categories. When an review can reasonably fit in more than one category, please select the category that you think fits best. Don't be too concerned if you're not sure. In some cases the editor may move an article to a different category.
Note that a review needn't be elaborate to be useful. If you find an interesting site, you can just post a link, a title, and a well-selected quote from the site to give us a good feel for the content. Many of our reviews use this approach.
Once an article has been submitted, you can view its status by clicking the Queue URL. Note that this URL is only available if you're logged in. It is from the Queue that articles are voted onto the front page.
When you post here, you retain full rights and ownership to your writing. If you log in to post, you can later modify, update, or even delete part or all of an article -- at your convenience. (Note that the editor reserves the right to edit and make corrections to all submissions -- and holds the final authority on what is presented on these pages.)